A stunningly colourful and delicious salad using two varieties of pumpkins, carrots and beets, topped off with power-packed Chia microgreens.
Raw 2 Pumpkin with Chia Microgreens
A colourful and delicious salad with chia microgreens and two types of pumpkin. Simple and nutritious.
- 1/4 cup Red pumpkin very finely diced or coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup Ash gourd (White Pumpkin / Petha) very finely diced or coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup Carrot very finely diced or coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup Beetroot very finely diced or coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts or, Roasted Peanuts
- 1/4 cup Fresh Mint leaves finely chopped.
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Freshly Grated Coconut
- 1/4 cup Fresh Chia (or any other) Microgreens
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper, dry roasted and powdered to taste
- 3 Tablespoons Toasted sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon juice (or to taste)
- 3 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic minced (or 2 small pods)
- Salt To taste
- 2 nos De-seeded Dates optional
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Dill leaves (or herb of choice) finely chopped
- Water As required for desired consistency
Toss it all together, pile on the microgreens and drizzle the dressing on top.
Blitz together all except the last two ingredients into a fine paste.
Add water to reach the desired consistency.
Mix in the chopped dill or herb.
For the dressing I used this tangy tahini sauce as a base (recipe given above).
While eating raw foods may not be for everybody, it is highly advisable to include at least some raw foods in our daily diet wherever possible.
(The pumpkins, carrots and beets may also be very lightly steamed, if desired.)
This salad can even be a meal in itself.